DESCRIPTION: With this project we have prepared, we try to contribute to recycling. Instead of throwing away pet bottles, you can make a trash bin with these. In a minimal perspective, we are going to be saving our nature from these plastic bottles and creating a litter box which is likely to save other litters being disposed in the street. (Guess we have a win-win situation). We will need a great number of plastic bottles to create our trash bin. By clustering these bottles together, you will have made a very practical litter box.
- Collect 2 plastic bottles
- Cut the bottom of one of the plastic bottles and place the other bottle under it
- Cover the plastic bottles
- Cut cardboard cartons and place them on the bottom side accordingly
- Here you have your litter box
- You will learn how to reuse plastic bottles
- You will improve your creativity
- You will learn contribute to house budget.
- You will provide a better environment for people.
SKILLS ADDRESSED (minimum 5/ max 10):
After completing the activity you will achieve the following skills:
- Awareness about usage of old objects
- Recycling and Eco-friendly skills
- Knowledge about house budget
COMPETENCES (minimum 5/ max 10):
After completing the activity, the learners will achieve the following skills:
- Capacity of re-use of old objects wisely
- Improvement of awareness about house economics
- Capacity of time usage effectively
- Improving recycle and ecologic mentality
- Organizing, planning and developing an entire project
Modelling knife, Scissors
Iron wire (in trash box form)
- We start by making the covers of plastic bottles to make our project.
- Now we will combine the bottles into two. We cut the bottom of one of the plastic bottles and place the other bottle under it. We pierce the plastic bottle without cutting.
- We cover the plastic bottles we have assembled as a pair, from the outside of the wire as follows.
- The bottom of the garbage can be left behind after the garbage is covered with plastic bottles. For this, we cut cardboard cartons and place them on the bottom side according to the bottom side, thus ending our project.
- You can start using the trash can where you have made with plastic bottles. However, when you use it outside, you may be interested in a sample recycling project.