It is the basic chicken and potatoes flavoured with classic cream with a hint of lemon sprinkled throughout. This is the basic idea, but it is up to customize and adapt it as your with. It is perfect for a complete dinner!
Image by http://foodfacts.us/chicken/Chicken-mushroom-and-potato-bake-recipe.html
The activity shall be implemented in 4 stages:
- Prepare all the ingredients you need beforehand.
- Research about different possibilities: different cream and soups that can be used, the possibility of using milk instead of cheese…
- Plan and follow the instructions carefully.
- Cook the casserole.
You will learn:
- How to work with concrete units of measure.
- How to work with fractions.
- How to work with multiplications.
- How to conduct researches on Internet.
After completing the activity, you will achieve the following skills:
- Use simple maths and calculations.
- Improve your cooking abilities.
- Develop ICT research skills.
- Learn about different possibilities that can be implemented based on the basic ingredients of chicken, potato and lemon.
- Use your imagination to change, improve and create new receipts based on the proposal.
After completing the activity, the learners will achieve the following skills:
- Careful reading in order to avoid any possible mistake.
- Capacity to put in practice a theoretical research using ICT methodologies.
- Cooking competences.
- Organization, planning and development of the whole receipt.
Material required (4 people)
- ½ onion
- ½ thinly sliced lemon
- 1/4 cup of milk
- Boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 50 mls of cream (mushroom, chicken…)
- Optional garnish
How to cook the lemon chicken potato casserole?
1. Prepare the ingredients you will need to use to do this receipt, to do so
2. do a quick research on Internet in order to see different possibilities, we recommend you to go to cooking blogs or sites such as all receipts.com, gimmesomeoven.com, helloreceipts.com… just by putting in Google “easy receipts” a lot of sources will appear.
In some sites, there is a space for comments of people who tried to receipt, so probably there are some tips and advices there to improve it!
You then will see different kind of sauces that can be used, different kind of cheese that give special flavour or the alternative that make it lighter, milk!
3. You probably have realized that the some of the ingredients are just suggestions This is because you can decide which ingredients will be more appropriate.
When gathering all the ingredients, think about how much should be an individual portion (take into consideration that potatoes, sauce and lemon fill the stomach).
1. Preheat the oven high.
2. Whisk the sauce you chosen with the milk/cheese in a pan. Stir very frequently and heat over medium-high. Leave aside once simmered.
Image by https://www.pinterest.es/pin/156077943305551329
3. Chop all the main ingredient: potatoes, onion and chicken. We recommend you to make round slices of potatoes. The rest on the ingredients can vary and be cut as cubes, for example. In the case of onion, it is better to chop it as small as possible. Mix all of them in a bowl.
Image by https://yemek.com/patates-puresi-yapmanin-puf-noktalari/#gref
4. Pour in the soup mixture made before with salt and toss to combine.
Image by https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/721631540264748910
5. Transfer it to a baking dish.
6. Cut the lemon into wedges and tuck them into the mixture in a random way.
Image by https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/easy-lemon-chicken-potato-casserole-recipe/
7. Bake for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Remove and serve warm.
Image by http://annisaindahpuspasari.blogspot.com.es
8. How many portions do you want to have? The receipt is calculated for 4/ people. In case you have guests, you will need to multiply all the ingredients!
Some more examples...