This is a very easy receipt which requires few ingredients. They can be served as healthy snack or they can be also served as starters. These homemade appetizers are the perfect option to have a light dinner or to snack something. Your guests will be amazed!
Image by https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/cherry-bruschetta
The activity shall be implemented in 4 stages:
- Prepare all the ingredients you need beforehand.
- Research about different possibilities to make bruschetta.
- Plan and follow the instructions carefully.
- Cook your cherry bruschetta.
You will learn:
- How to work with concrete units of measure.
- How to divide and multiply.
- How to work with fractions.
- How to find video tutorials of receipts.
After completing the activity, you will achieve the following skills:
- Use simple maths.
- Improve your cooking abilities.
- Develop ICT research skills.
- Learn about healthier possibilities for snacking.
- Improve the receipt with sauces, couvertures etc.
After completing the activity, the learners will achieve the following skills:
- Careful reading in order to avoid any possible mistake.
- Capacity to put in practice a theoretical research using ICT methodologies.
- Cooking competences.
- Organization, planning and development of the whole receipt.
- 1 loaf ciabatta
- 100 ml Extra virgin oil
- 1000g ricotta
- 12 cherries
- 80g prosciutt
How to elaborate homemade bruschetta
- Prepare all the ingredients you need beforehand. You need to calculate, weight and measure all the ingredients. Take into account that this receipt is aimed to 12 slices, in case you need more or less, you should multiply or divide it.
- Bruschetta can include a wide range of ingredients, this is just one option. Conduct a research on the net to know more about bruschetta and its ingredients, sometimes receipts are easier understandable with some video. To find some making-off videos or video tutorials: put in the browser “bruschetta” and select the video option, which is un the below part of the browser. In this way, only video results with appear in the page.
- You can also add some spices to the receipt in case you want. We recommend you to surf on the net on the net in order to discover which spices fit better in this receipt.
1. First of all, heat the grill to its highest setting.
2. Cut the ciabatta into 12 round slices. The best way to cut them are cutting with a little angle, not just straight.
3. Brush each slice of ciabatta on both sider with the olive oil.
4. Grill the bread for 2 mins each side.
5. Spread over the ricotta, gently. Then put the prosciutto. To do so, you will need to divide your 80g in 12
6. Pit and halve all the cherries. We recommend you to pit the cherries into 2 or 4. Arrange them on the top of the bruschetta, with the prosciutto.
7. Drizzle over some oil to serve. In case you decide to put some species, drizzle them too now.
Image by http://recipes-plus.com/recipe/balsamic-cherry-goat-cheese-bruschetta-33781
8. Repeat the process with the remaining slices.
Some examples to check online...