We are converting a colander into a planter. With the materials you can find easily, you can change the look of a wall with a different design. The procedure takes maximum an hour!
- Get a colander
- Wrap the colander handles.
- Knot a yard of twine at each end of the handle.
- Fill the colander with soil and plants
- You are ready to hang your planter.
- You will learn how to make a planter
- You will improve your creative skills
- You will improve your house budget management
SKILLS ADDRESSED (minimum 5/ max 10):
After completing the activity you will achieve the following skills:
- Planting ability
- Recycling and eco-friendly skills
- House budget management
COMPETENCES (minimum 5/ max 10):
After completing the activity, the learners will achieve the following skills:
- Improvement of awareness about house budget management
- Capacity of using household objects for different purposes
- High awareness towards nature
- Organizing, planning and developing an entire project
Half Yard of Twine
Wrap one colander handle tightly with a half-yard of twine, pushing pieces together as you go to avoid gaps. Once covered, tie off and add a dab of glue to secure. Knot a yard of twine at each end of the handle. Repeat entire process with opposite handle. Next, line the colander with sheet moss and fill with potting soil and seasonal plants. Tie four lengths of twine together and you are ready to hang it wherever you want.