Cakes with vegetables do not longer surprise anyone. They are tasty and healthy. If you are looking for an unusual idea for a delicious dessert in the fit version, then this recipe for beetroot brownie will meet your expectations. Beets compose very well with chocolate cake, they add it high humidity.
The activity shall be implemented in 5 stages:
- Collect all necessary ingredients for the brownie before baking
- Check the various recipes of beetroot preparation
- Plan all the stages of brownie preparation, remember that some of the ingredients require prior preparation
- Bake brownie according to the instruction
- Decorate the baked brownie according to your own idea and create your own recipe.
You will learn:
- Calculate units of measurement for food products.
- Make addition or subtraction calculations.
- convert the measure, weight and volume of ingredients in the recipe into selected units of measurement.
- Search additional information on the Internet.
After completing the activity, you will achieve the following skills:
- Use different units of measure for food products.
- Use an online tool such as a kitchen scale calculator.
- Develop your cooking abilities.
- Find out how to make a brownie in a different version, e.g. gluten-free.
- Develop creative cooking skills - create your own products based on self-selected ingredients.
After completing the activity, the learners will achieve the following skills:
- Reading and writing competence (careful reading with understanding recipes, understanding and using new concepts, writing the own recipes).
- Mathematical competence (counting, using simple measuring tools, mathematical thinking - calculations related to cooking and baking, practical ways to determine parts ½, ¼, etc.).
- IT competences (using information society technologies, using a computer, searching for information on the Internet, critical use of information contained on the Internet).
- Creativity competence.
- Work planning and organisation.
- 300 g beets
- 3 Dactyls
- Cocoa (2 spoons) or chocolate (a few cubes of dark chocolate dissolved).
- Pinch of Baking soda
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- 2 spoon of Coconut oil
- 100 g of Chestnut flour
- 1/3 cup of Cranberry
- Baking form
- Baking paper
- Oven heated
How to prepare beetroots brownie?
1. Prepare all the necessary ingredients you need to prepare the beetroots brownie in accordance with the recipe. Prepare all the necessary kitchen tools that you will use to make the beetroots brownie. Check if you have all the ingredients in the right size, matched to the size of the baking mold - you can use the kitchen measurement calculator available on the Internet, for example:
2. Do quick research on the Internet to see different possibilities: chestnut flour you can turned into a different gluten-free flour, dactyls for almond, etc. to change a flavour Instead of beets you can use another ingredient, e.g. avocado. In this way you can create the own recipe for brownie.
3. Do quick research on the Internet to see different possibilities: you can turn chestnut flour into a different gluten-free flour, dactyls into almond, etc. Instead of beets, you can use another ingredient, e.g. avocado.
4. Continue searching: on the Internet you will find many interesting recipes for brownie using vegetables or fruit. We recommend to use a web browser with the keywords: "chocolate brownies", "brownie with vegetables" or similar. If you want to make a gluten-free brownie use the word " gluten-free brownie". The choice of key words will allow you to get the best results.
1. Prepare the following kitchen tools: a square baking form measuring 20 x 20 cm, oven heated to 180 ° C, blender
2. Prepare the following ingredients: Cook the whole beets. After cooking, peel the beets from the skin and cut into small pieces. Dactyls soak in boiling water for 20-30 minutes, then cut into small pieces.
3. Place beetroots and dactyls in the blender bowl and mix (not too much).
4. Then add the remaining ingredients (flour, cocoa, spices) and mix everything together to obtain a homogeneous mass.
5. Put the brownie into a baking form lined with baking paper and put in a preheated oven for about 50 minutes. The beetroot brownie is baked at 180 ° C.
6. Leave the brownie in the oven to cool.
7. Decorate brownie. Put the melted chocolate on the brownie and garnish with cranberry.